Beach Personality: It’s All About The Bar
Sandy Beach Rincon
Sandy Beach is an off-the-beaten track beach that’s widely recognized because of Tamboo Beside the Pointe, a bar/restaurant/inn/gift shop located right on the beach. Some of the accolades Tamboo has received include being named to…
- Best 50 Beach Bars in the World by CNN GO.
- The Best Bars in America by Esquire magazine twice.
- America’s Best Beach Bars by Travel + Leisure.
- Best Caribbean Beach Bars by Conde Nast Travel.
- Best Mojito by Bacardi Rum two years in a row
According to Zelwyn, an employee at Tamboo Beside the Pointe, people come to Sandy Beach primarily because of Tamboo, but they stay because it’s a really friendly beach with good people and beautiful sunsets. I can certainly attest to that. While at Sandy Beach I watched kite surfers and a boogie boarder, sipped a pina colada, and munched traditional Puerto Rican appetizers. All while viewing a stunning sunset.
- Boogie Boarding
- Kite Surfing
- Public bathrooms – No, but Tamboo Beside the Pointe has restrooms for patrons.
- Showers – No.
- Parking – Yes.
- Food – Yes, at Tamboo Beside the Pointe.
- Lifeguard – No.
- Dogs allowed on the beach – Yes.
Mar Azul (787-214-7224 or 787-823-5692) rents surfboards and paddleboards (SUP) in Rincon.
If you’re driving to Sandy Beach from the greater San Juan area, take PR-22 West. Exit at PR-2 West. Continue on PR-2 for quite a while (past Aguadilla) until you reach PR-111, Ave Jesus T Pinero. Turn left onto PR-111 and then almost immediately take a slight right onto PR-115. Continue on PR-115 until you reach the intersection of PR-115 and PR-413. Take a slight right onto PR-413, Cam Carretas. Sandy Beach is located at the intersection of PR-413 and Calle Colina Linda.
To many joyful beach experiences!
— Lisa Dworkin