Pebble Beach is one of the most well-known resort destinations in California, and it is most famous for its impressive golf courses. If you are looking for a great destination to visit on your next weekend getaway or for extensive vacation, this may be a wonderfully luxurious option to consider. With numerous attractions and fun things to do as well as gorgeous hotels to stay in, your experience in Pebble Beach can be memorable and relaxing.
Main Pebble Beach Attractions
Before planning a trip to Pebble Beach, you may want to know how you can spend your days while on vacation here. There are many exceptional attractions that can delight you while you are in town, and these are top options to consider.
- Pebble Beach Golf Course: The Pebble Beach Golf Course is a PGA-level course that some of the greatest names in this sport have played on. It is a tranquil course with impressive beauty from its coastal location, and it offers golfers a truly challenging experience. Golfing at Pebble Beach is a pinnacle experience for any golfer.
- Stave Wine Cellar: After an amazing day golfing or exploring the other attractions in the area, stop by Stave Wine Cellar. This is a low-key wine bar that provides you with the opportunity to sample a wide range of quality wines from around the world, and it is located at the prestigious Inn at Spanish Bay resort.
- 17-Mile Drive: Sightseeing is a necessity when you are on vacation on the Monterey Peninsula, and the best sightseeing route is along the famous 17-Mile Drive. This winding road takes you up the coast in a high-end neighborhood and provides you with stunning scenery to enjoy along every curve. It is best to take this drive on a clear day, but keep in mind that this is a gated road that requires you to pay a small fee to enter.
Other Fun Things to Do in Pebble Beach
Pebble Beach did not become known as a golfers’ paradise because of a single golf course. There are several other top-notch courses that you can try out while you are in the area, and these are some of the more notable options:
- Links at Spanish Bay: This is a popular Pebble Beach golf course that notably has Scottish character and charm. The Links at Spanish Bay course is impressively maintained, and it features sweeping coastal views from a bluff. At sunset each day, bagpipes are played to signal the end of the day to golfers on the course.
- Spyglass Hill Golf Course: Another excellent golf course for you and your friends and family to explore is the Spyglass Hill Golf Course. With more than 40 years of history in the area, Spyglass Hill has a rolling landscape with plenty of challenging holes overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
- Poppy Hill Golf Course: If you are looking for a more affordable way to golf in Pebble Beach, Poppy Hill golf course is a top option to consider. Like the other courses mentioned, this course also has many holes overlooking the coast. It is notably more treed than the other courses, and it has received many awards and accolades since it opened in 1986.
The Best Places to Stay in Pebble Beach
When you travel to a resort destination like Pebble Beach, you understandably want to book a hotel in one of the top resorts in the area. This is a coastal area that has many premiere and luxury resorts that will impress you.
- Inn at Spanish Bay: The Inn at Spanish Bay is a five-star resort that sits right on the golf course overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Guests will enjoy lavish accommodations and great views from every room. The resort boasts a swimming pool, a fine restaurant, a wine bar, a spa and more.
- The Lodge at Pebble Beach: The Lodge at Pebble Beach places you right in the midst of the most legendary golf course in the area. It sits just steps from the coast, and many rooms feature wood-burning fireplaces and lovely views of the beach or the fairways. Tennis courts, swimming pools, spa treatments and more available for guests to enjoy.
- La Casa de la Palmera Home: Another stellar option to consider staying at is the La Casa de la Palmera Home. This is a quaint yet beautiful hotel that has a cozy, pampering ambiance. It sits in the heart of Pebble Beach, and it has a gorgeous courtyard, well-appointed guest rooms, stellar service, a tennis club, a pool and more. With only 24 suites available to choose from, make your reservation early if you plan to stay at this resort.
How to Get to Pebble Beach
Pebble Beach is not a major metropolitan area. It is rather remote, and this adds to its charm and personality. The best way to reach Pebble Beach if you are traveling from a great distance is to fly into the San Francisco International Airport. San Francisco is located a short drive from Pebble Beach.
From San Francisco, you can travel south down Highway 1. Highway 1 is one of the most scenic drives in California, so consider renting a car with a convertible roof and planning to take your time as you cruise down the road.
Some travelers may be traveling to the area from other major metropolitan areas nearby, such as Las Vegas or Los Angeles. From Las Vegas, take Interstate 15 west to Los Angeles. From Los Angeles, you can travel north along Highway 101 to enjoy the scenic drive.
Whether you love to golf or you want to pamper yourself with a trip to one of the most prestigious and luxurious resort areas in California, Pebble Beach is a destination you do not want to miss. While the area can be rather expensive to explore and to fully enjoy, you will find that the experience of staying in Pebble Beach and golfing here is one that you will not forget and that you do not want to miss.