So you want to plan a Myrtle Beach vacation? Look no further. We have the information you need to plan your best vacation yet.
Where is Myrtle Beach? It’s in northeastern South Carolina on the Atlantic coast. Myrtle Beach, SC is a popular resort town because of its extensive beaches, variety of lodging options, and its wide choice of activities.
South Carolina Beaches including Myrtle Beach
All the ocean beaches in South Carolina lie on the Atlantic coast. As a result they have many things in common, particularly with regard to the specific qualities of the sand, water, and wildlife. However, in terms of the character of each beach they’re often very different.
Some of the more popular SC beaches from north to south include:
North Myrtle Beach, part of the Grand Strand, the beach that stretches from Little River, SC to Georgetown, SC.
Myrtle Beach, also part of the Grand Strand and a primary destination for tourists.
Isle of Palms, a family friendly beach near Charleston.
Sullivan’s Island, a beach with a remote atmosphere not far from Charleston.
Folly Beach, an east coast surfing and sport fishing mecca.
Kiawah Island, an upscale island resort.
Edisto Beach, a low key family-oriented destination.
Hilton Head Island, another upscale island resort near the South Carolina/Georgia border.
Places to Stay in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach vacation rentals include house rentals and condo rentals while Myrtle Beach resorts and hotels include everything from full service resorts to cheap hotels. You can find information on these different options (and more) online at..
Things to Do in Myrtle Beach
Since Myrtle Beach, SC is such a popular vacation spot there’s a lot to do there. There are a large variety of places to eat and drink, tons of outdoor activities, shopping, historic and cultural attractions, live entertainment, and special events scheduled throughout the year.
The top 10 things to do according to trip advisor are …
- Broadway at the Beach; “350 acres of dining, attractions and nightlife.”
- Myrtle Beach SkyWheel; a 187-foot Ferris wheel on the boardwalk.
- Myrtle Beach; the beach.
- TicketReturn.com Field; the home field of the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, a minor league affiliate of the Chicago Cubs.
- Nature & Wildlife Tours; local tours of the area’s nature and wildlife.
- Myrtle Beach State Park; a small State Park made up of forest and ocean coastline and a great place for surf and pier fishing.
- New South Brewing Company: a microbrewery with tours, samples, and beer for sale.
- Boat Tours; private charters or public group boat tours of the region.
- Ripley’s Aquarium; an aquarium with many animal exhibits and behind-the-scenes tours.
- Franklin G. Burroughs – Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum
To many joyful beach experiences!
— Lisa Dworkin