Myrtle Beach is located on South Carolina’s Atlantic Coast. It’s part of a popular tourist area known as the Grand Strand, a 60-mile-long continuous stretch of beach from Little River, SC to Georgetown, SC. North Myrtle Beach and Surfside Beach are two other towns on the Grand Strand with excellent tourist facilities.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina weather is known for long, hot, and humid summers, and short, mild winters. Average summer daytime highs range from 83°to 91°F (28° to 33°C). Average winter daytime highs range from 57° to 61°F (14° – 16°C). Summer is the rainiest season with frequent – but brief – late afternoon thunderstorms. The best times to visit are spring and fall when crowds are lower and the weather is better.
Myrtle Beach Hotels
US News Travel named these the 15 best Myrtle Beach resorts and hotels…
Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
Marriott Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes
Sheraton Convention Center Hotel
North Myrtle Beach Plantation
Marriott’s OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes
Springmaid Beach Resort
The Palms by Suite at the Beach
Admiral Motor Inn
Anderson Ocean Club and Spa by Oceana Resorts
Club Regency in Regency Towers
Dunes Village Resort
Royale Palms Condominiums
Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort
Horizon at 77th
Myrtle Beach Attractions
TripAdvisor’s top 10 things to do while visiting the Grand Strand are:
- Broadway at the Beach, a shopping and entertainment complex.
- Go to the beach.
- SkyWheel, climate controlled gondolas that provide “miles and miles” of beautiful views.
- Myrtle Beach State Park.
- TicketReturn.com Field, the home of the Chicago Cubs minor league affiliate, the Pelicans, and the home of the annual Baseball at the Beach collegiate baseball tournament.
- Nature & Wildlife Tours.
- Ripley’s Aquarium.
- GTS Theatre, an intimate cabaret style theater.
- Boat Tours.
- The Market Common, another shopping and entertainment complex.
Also, if shopping for bargains appeals to you, there are two Tanger Outlets locations here. One is at 10835 Kings Road off HWY 17, and the other is at 4635 Factory Stores Blvd off HWY 501.
Myrtle Beach State Park
Myrtle Beach State Park is ranked 4th on the list of best things to do on the Grand Strand for good reason. Its attractions include:
- close to a mile of wide white sand beach
- camping facilities
- horseback riding
- picnic facilities for individuals and groups
- children’s activities including nature programs
- a nature education center
- a pet friendly policy
You could spend your entire vacation at Myrtle Beach State Park and snot run out of great things to do.
MB State Park is located at 4401 South Kings HWY.
Myrtle Beach, SC is one of the Southeast’s most visited destinations for good reason. From its miles of beaches to its variety of lodgings to its myriad activities, whatever you’re looking for from a beach vacation can be found in Myrtle Beach.