Two Mile Hollow Beach Rating
Beach Personality: An East Hampton Beach With A Cape Cod Feeling
Two Mile Hollow Beach
Two Mile Hollow Beach is in a residential neighborhood only 2 miles from the center of East Hampton Village, yet it has a remote, natural feeling to it. It’s a long, medium width beach with low sand dunes on the western edge of the sand. The sand at Two Mile Hollow Beach is some of the nicest sand around: it’s soft, light tan and extremely clean.
Two Mile Hollow Beach is widely known as a gay friendly beach, however, it’s a welcoming beach for everyone with a wide variety of things to do there.
- Walking on the beach
- Boogie boarding
- Paddle boarding (SUP)
- Kite surfing
- Public bathrooms – Yes, in-season only.
- Showers – Yes, in-season only.
- Parking – Yes, for a fee from May 15 through September 15. Non-residents can purchase daily parking passes on weekdays. On weekends a total of 40 daily parking passes each day are sold. Non-residents can also buy seasonal parking permits, although you should be aware that they sell out very quickly! For more information see the Village of East Hampton’s website.
- Food – No.
- Lifeguard – Yes, in-season.
- Dogs allowed on the beach – Yes, 6 pm through 9 am only from the second Sunday in May until September 30. Anytime from October 1 until the second Sunday in May.
In-season is weekends and holidays Memorial Day through the last Saturday in June, then daily until Labor Day, and then weekends only until September 30.
None at the beach, however, eastern Long Island rental spots within driving distance of Two Mile Hollow Beach include…
Main Beach Surf and Sport
- Website: http://mainbeach.com/
- Address: 352 Montauk Highway, Wainscott NY 11975
- Phone: 631-537-2716
- Rentals include surfboards, paddleboards (SUP), kayaks, and canoes. They also offer surfing, kayaking and SUP lessons, and kayak and SUP tours.
Amagansett Beach & Bicycle Co.
- Website: http://www.amagansettbeachco.com/
- Address: 624 Montauk Highway, Amagansett New York 11930
- Phone: 631-267-6325
- Rentals include bikes, kayaks, paddleboards (SUP), rowing shells, surfboards, boogie boards, windsurfers, and skates. They also offer kayak lessons and bike, kayak and SUP tours.
- Website: http://www.uihleinsmarina.com/
- Address: 444 West Lake Drive, Montauk New York 11954
- Phone: 631-668-3799
- Rentals include boats, jet skis, kayaks, and tubes.
Springs General Store
- Website: http://www.springsgeneralstore.com/
- Address: 29 Old Stone Highway, East Hampton NY 11937
- Phone: 631-329-5065
- Offers kayak rentals, tours, and lessons.
Weekend Warrior Tours
- Website: http://www.weekendwarriortours.com/
- Address: 8 Main Street, Sag Harbor NY 11963
- Phone: 631-725-5950
- Rents kayaks and paddleboards (SUP). Also have kayak and SUP lessons and tours.
- Website: http://www.paddlediva.com/
- Address: Lincoln Avenue, East Hampton NY 11937
- Phone: 516-383-229661
- Specializes in working with women with paddleboard (SUP) rentals, lessons, and tours.
Two Mile Hollow Beach is located on Two Mile Hollow Road where it ends at the Atlantic Ocean in East Hampton, New York, 11937.
To many joyful beach experiences!
— Lisa Dworkin