Hither Hills State Park Rating
Beach Personality: Lots of Amenities in a Beautiful Montauk Location
Hither Hills State Park
Hither Hills State Park’s beach is a 2-mile stretch of soft, light beige sand and clean, cold ocean water. There’s a minor amount of debris along the tideline, but otherwise the beach is very clean and the facilities are well maintained.
There’s a lot to do at Hither Hills State Park in addition to enjoying the beach. According to New York State Park’s website, “Park visitors enjoy biking, horseback riding, boating, fishing, hiking, hunting, and wintertime cross-country skiing. An organized recreation program in the summer includes family movies, folk and line dancing, children’s summer theater, magic shows, and various environmental interpretation programs.”
- Stand up paddleboarding
- Boogie boarding
- Body surfing
- Surf fishing
- Walking on the beach
- Public bathrooms – Yes.
- Showers – Yes.
- Parking – Yes, for a fee.
- Food – Yes, in season.
- Lifeguard – Yes, from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Dogs allowed on the beach – No.
Additional amenities include a playground, camping, seasonal programs (late June through early September), picnic areas, fireplaces, bridle path, playing fields, hiking trails, nature trails, bike trails, handicap accessible beach, and a convenience store.
None at the beach, however, eastern Long Island rental spots within driving distance of Hither Hills State Park include…
Main Beach Surf and Sport
- Website: http://mainbeach.com/
- Address: 352 Montauk Highway, Wainscott NY 11975
- Phone: 631-537-2716
- Rentals include surfboards, paddleboards (SUP), kayaks, and canoes. They also offer surfing, kayaking and SUP lessons, and kayak and SUP tours.
Amagansett Beach & Bicycle Co.
- Website: http://www.amagansettbeachco.com/
- Address: 624 Montauk Highway, Amagansett New York 11930
- Phone: 631-267-6325
- Rentals include bikes, kayaks, paddleboards (SUP), rowing shells, surfboards, boogie boards, windsurfers, and skates. They also offer kayak lessons and bike, kayak and SUP tours.
- Website: http://www.uihleinsmarina.com/
- Address: 444 West Lake Drive, Montauk New York 11954
- Phone: 631-668-3799
- Rentals include boats, jet skis, kayaks, and tubes.
Springs General Store
- Website: http://www.springsgeneralstore.com/
- Address: 29 Old Stone Highway, East Hampton NY 11937
- Phone: 631-329-5065
- Offers kayak rentals, tours, and lessons.
Weekend Warrior Tours
- Website: http://www.weekendwarriortours.com/
- Address: 8 Main Street, Sag Harbor NY 11963
- Phone: 631-725-5950
- Rents kayaks and paddleboards (SUP). Also have kayak and SUP lessons and tours.
- Website: http://www.paddlediva.com/
- Address: Lincoln Avenue, East Hampton NY 11937
- Phone: 516-383-229661
- Specializes in working with women with paddleboard (SUP) rentals, lessons, and tours.
Hither Hills State Park is located at164 Old Montauk Highway in Montauk, New York, 11954.
To many joyful beach experiences!
— Lisa Dworkin