Bird watching is a fun activity for everyone.
Bird Watching 101
- Buy a field guide to help you identify the birds you see.
- A pair of binoculars will help you see birds and their features more clearly.
- Learn where to find birds. This website is one source. Others can be found online. “Where to bird in…” is a good search term to try first.
- Take an organized bird watching tour.
- Join a bird watching group. Ask lots of questions.
- Read about birds. Most people enjoy spotting birds more when they know something about them.
- Learn about the habitat before you go. What draws the birds there?
- Record what you see and where you see it. Draw a picture.
- Be kind to the birds. Look but don’t touch.
- Have fun!
To many joyful beach experiences!
— Lisa Dworkin