Georgica Beach Rating
Beach Personality: Popular Surfing Spot in Well-Heeled East Hampton
Georgica Beach is only 1.5 miles southwest of East Hampton’s Main Beach so you could easily walk from one to the other. It’s also one of three East Hampton beaches with lifeguards. The other two are Main Beach and Two Mile Hollow Beach. In recent years Georgica Beach has experienced a tremendous amount of beach erosion.
The sand at Georgica Beach is light tan, very clean, squeaks a little when you walk on it, and is mostly soft with a few spots of coarse sand interspersed throughout. The water is clean, but cold with a fairly consistent surf break making it a popular beach for surfers.
- Walking on the beach
- Boogie boarding
- Paddle boarding (SUP)
- Kite surfing
- Public bathrooms – Yes, in-season only.
- Showers – Yes, in-season only.
- Parking – Yes, for a fee from May 15 through September 15. Non-residents can’t park by the day: they must buy seasonal parking permits, which sell out early in the year. For more information see the Village of East Hampton’s website.
- Food – No.
- Lifeguard – Yes, in-season.
- Dogs allowed on the beach – Yes, 6 pm through 9 am only from the second Sunday in May until September 30. Anytime from October 1 until the second Sunday in May.
In-season is weekends and holidays Memorial Day through the last Saturday in June, then daily until Labor Day, and then weekends only until September 30.
None at the beach, however, eastern Long Island rental spots within driving distance of Georgica Beach include…
- Main Beach Surf and Sport
- Website: http://mainbeach.com/
- Address: 352 Montauk Highway, Wainscott NY 11975
- Phone: 631-537-2716
- Rentals include surfboards, paddleboards (SUP), kayaks, and canoes. They also offer surfing, kayaking and SUP lessons, and kayak and SUP tours.
- Amagansett Beach & Bicycle Co.
- Website: http://www.amagansettbeachco.com/
- Address: 624 Montauk Highway, Amagansett New York 11930
- Phone: 631-267-6325
- Rentals include bikes, kayaks, paddleboards (SUP), rowing shells, surfboards, boogie boards, windsurfers, and skates. They also offer kayak lessons and bike, kayak and SUP tours.
- Uihlein’s Marina
- Website: http://www.uihleinsmarina.com/
- Address: 444 West Lake Drive, Montauk New York 11954
- Phone: 631-668-3799
- Rentals include boats, jet skis, kayaks, and tubes.
- Springs General Store
- Website: http://www.springsgeneralstore.com/
- Address: 29 Old Stone Highway, East Hampton NY 11937
- Phone: 631-329-5065
- Offers kayak rentals, tours, and lessons.
- Weekend Warrior Tours
- Website: http://www.weekendwarriortours.com/
- Address: 8 Main Street, Sag Harbor NY 11963
- Phone: 631-725-5950
- Rents kayaks and paddleboards (SUP). Also have kayak and SUP lessons and tours.
- Paddle Diva
- Website: http://www.paddlediva.com/
- Address: Lincoln Avenue, East Hampton NY 11937
- Phone: 516-383-229661
- Specializes in working with women with paddleboard (SUP) rentals, lessons, and tours.
Georgica Beach is located at the end of Lily Pond Lane where it meets the Atlantic Ocean in East Hampton, New York, 11937.
To many joyful beach experiences!
— Lisa Dworkin