Condado Beach Rating
Beach Personality: Cosmopolitan and Convenient
Condado Beach stretches for a little over a mile and is adjacent to the Condado neighborhood in San Juan. Condado has often been compared to South Beach in Miami Beach because of the hotels, restaurants, upscale shopping, and nightlife in the area. However, having been to both destinations, I found Condado to be more family friendly, quieter, and more laid back than South Beach.
One of the more unique things you can do at Condado Beach is get a massage right on the beach. Usually in order to get a massage on a beach you have to book it through a hotel spa and pay sky-high prices. Not so at Condado Beach. An enterprising masseuse has set up a massage kiosk on the beach by the San Juan Marriott Resort.
- Boogie Boarding
- Wind Surfing
- Public bathrooms – No, but hotels along the beach have restrooms.
- Showers – No, but hotels along the beach have showers.
- Parking – Limited street parking. Parking for a fee is available at many hotels.
- Food – No, but hotels along the beach serve food.
- Lifeguard – No.
- Dogs allowed on the beach – No.
Kiosks on the beach and at many of the hotels offer a variety of beach gear for rent.
Condado Beach is located in San Juan just north of Ave Dr Ashford from Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza on the western end to Parque del Indio on the eastern end.
To many joyful beach experiences!
— Lisa Dworkin