Atlantic Avenue Beach Rating
Beach Personality: One of The Hamptons’ Quieter Beaches
Atlantic Avenue Beach
With its concession stand, lifeguards, and general lack of crowds, Atlantic Avenue Beach is popular with families looking to spend a full day at the beach. The surf can be strong, so if you do bring your young children keep a close eye on them in the water. Nonetheless, the sand is very clean and soft making it great for digging and building sand castles in a beautiful location.
There is an interesting old Coast Guard and Lifesaving Station at Atlantic Avenue Beach that needs to be restored. Hopefully one day it will be restored and people will be able to visit it.
- Boogie boarding
- Paddle boarding
- Body surfing
- Walking on the beach
- Public bathrooms – Yes, in season.
- Showers – Yes, in season.
- Parking – Yes, for a fee on weekdays in season. Weekends require a town permit. Free the rest of the year.
- Food – Yes, in season.
- Lifeguard – Yes. From Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Dogs allowed on the beach – Yes. From 6 PM to 10 AM Memorial Day through Labor Day. Anytime the rest of the year.
Additional amenities – handicap accessible, beach wheelchairs.
None at the beach, however, eastern Long Island rental spots within driving distance of Atlantic Avenue Beach include…
Main Beach Surf and Sport
- Website: http://mainbeach.com/
- Address: 352 Montauk Highway, Wainscott NY 11975
- Phone: 631-537-2716
- Rentals include surfboards, paddleboards (SUP), kayaks, and canoes. They also offer surfing, kayaking and SUP lessons, and kayak and SUP tours.
Amagansett Beach & Bicycle Co.
- Website: http://www.amagansettbeachco.com/
- Address: 624 Montauk Highway, Amagansett New York 11930
- Phone: 631-267-6325
- Rentals include bikes, kayaks, paddleboards (SUP), rowing shells, surfboards, boogie boards, windsurfers, and skates. They also offer kayak lessons and bike, kayak and SUP tours.
- Website: http://www.uihleinsmarina.com/
- Address: 444 West Lake Drive, Montauk New York 11954
- Phone: 631-668-3799
- Rentals include boats, jet skis, kayaks, and tubes.
Springs General Store
- Website: http://www.springsgeneralstore.com/
- Address: 29 Old Stone Highway, East Hampton NY 11937
- Phone: 631-329-5065
- Offers kayak rentals, tours, and lessons.
Weekend Warrior Tours
- Website: http://www.weekendwarriortours.com/
- Address: 8 Main Street, Sag Harbor NY 11963
- Phone: 631-725-5950
- Rents kayaks and paddleboards (SUP). Also have kayak and SUP lessons and tours.
- Website: http://www.paddlediva.com/
- Address: Lincoln Avenue, East Hampton NY 11937
- Phone: 516-383-229661
- Specializes in working with women with paddleboard (SUP) rentals, lessons, and tours.
Atlantic Avenue Beach is located just southeast of Bluff Road on Atlantic Avenue in Amagansett, New York, 11930.
To many joyful beach experiences!
— Lisa Dworkin