Beach Tote Tips
Great beach bags aren’t that common. It’s true. You might think it’s easy to find summer beach bags, but it’s not. The best beach totes come with some very specific features.
Last week I wrote about what to take to the beach. This week I want to make some suggestions about cute beach bags and totes to carry your beach stuff in.
The best beach bags and totes are:
- Big enough to carry all the things you want to take to the beach.
- Organized, so your stuff doesn’t disappear into the bottom of the bag never to be found again.
- Durable, so you don’t need to replace it all the time.
- Cute because you don’t want to look bad.
- Washable because you don’t want your stuff covered in sand and old, crusty sunscreen.
- Secure, so your stuff doesn’t fall out while you aren’t looking.
My favorite beach bag of 2016 is La Clé LA-018 Large Capacity Shopper Canvas Tote Shoulder Bag. It has all the features the best beach totes need.
It’s roomy. Check. It measures 21” by 14.5”.
It’s organized. Check. The bag has an inner zipper pocket on the back wall, two slip-in pockets on the front wall, and an outside pocket on the front panel.
It’s durable. Check. The exterior is made of 100% cotton canvas and the sturdy straps are attached with grommets.
It’s cute. Check. It comes in a summery stripe and is available in two different colors.
It’s washable. Check. The bag’s exterior is 100% cotton canvas and it has a 100% cotton lining. Note: Please follow manufacturer’s recommended washing instructions.
It’s secure. Check. The main compartment can be closed with a hook closure.
To many joyful beach experiences!
— Lisa Dworkin